Run, Don’t Walk, to This Godzilla-Themed LSAT Logic Game
- May 17, 2014
- Advice on Logic Games, Sample Logic Games
Godzilla opens in theaters today. This dinosaur with human arms has quite the nuanced history. This kind of nuance is the stuff of killer LSAT questions. So, in honor of the masochistic dinosaur fetishists at the LSAC, the LSAT blog brings you an original Godzilla-themed Logic Game, complete with B-movie plot hole!
During seven consecutive days, Godzilla will visit seven cities: Albuquerque, Billings, Chula Vista, Detroit, Erie, Fresno, and Guangzhou. Each city is visited exactly once. During each visit, Godzilla will fight exactly one of her seven enemies: Varan, Oodaku, Rodan, Titanosaurus, King Kong, Mechagodzilla, and Spacegodzilla. The outcome of each fight will be judged a win, or a loss, but not both, for Godzilla. The following is somehow known about Godzilla’s visits and fights:
Godzilla visits Billings and Guangzhou before she visits Albuquerque.
Godzilla visits Fresno, where she loses, after she visits Albuquerque.
Godzilla doesn’t lose any fights after her fifth visit.
Godzilla wins her fourth fight.
Godzilla doesn’t fight Oodaku first or last.
Godzilla fights Mechagodzilla and Spacegodzilla consecutively, winning both fights.*
Godzilla fights King Kong in Chula Vista after her visit to Fresno.
Godzilla fights Rodan second.
* Correction. Sorry everybody.
1. Which one of her nemeses must Godzilla fight after she fights Mechagodzilla?
2. Which one of the following is a complete and accurate list of all the days during which Godzilla can fight Oodaku?
3. If Godzilla visits Chula Vista on day 6, which one of her enemies does she have to fight in Fresno?
4. Which one of the following is the latest day on which Godzilla could visit Albuquerque?
5. If Godzilla visits Billings third, what’s the maximum number of days that can separate her visits to Chula Vista and Albuquerque?
1: B; 2: D; 3: E; 4: B; 5: A; 6: C
Search the Blog
General LSAT Advice Two Truths About Retaking
General LSAT Advice Understanding Your LSAT Score: The "Curve," Explained
General LSAT Advice How is an LSAT score calculated?
Free LSAT Practice Account
Take a free practice LSAT, get a detailed score report and explanatory videos, and learn your odds of getting into your dream school just by checking out our FREE LSAT resources.Learn More