And the Oscar Goes to: LSAT Logic Games!
- Jan 26, 2012
- LSAT, Sample Logic Games
- Reviewed by: Matt Riley
Oscar nominations were announced yesterday (Gary Oldman for Best Actor, you better believe it) and the following 7 movies were among those nominated: The Artist, The Descendants, Hugo, Moneyball, Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, The Help and War Horse. Although winners will not be announced for another month, the following details have been leaked regarding the winners:
• Only four of these seven movies will receive an Oscar
• If Hugo does not receive an Oscar, then The Descendants will receive one
• If Moneyball receives an Oscar then The Artist will not, unless Tinker Tailor receives one
• If The Artist and Tinker Tailor both receive Oscars, then The Descendants cannot receive an Oscar
• Only if The Artist receives an Oscar will The Help receive one
• War Horse will not receive any Oscars, nor should it
1. If Tinker Tailor does not receive an Oscar, then which one of the following could be a complete list of the movies that receive Oscars?
a. The Artist, The Descendants, The Help, Moneyball
b. Moneyball, The Artist, The Descendants, Hugo
c. The Help, Hugo, The Artist, The Descendants
d. Moneyball, Hugo, The Help, The Artist
e. The Help, Moneyball, War Horse, The Artist
2. If The Descendants does not receive an Oscar, then which one of the following is a complete and accurate list of the movies that must receive one?
b. Hugo, The Artist
c. Moneyball, The Artist, and The Help
d. Tinker Tailor, The Artist, Hugo
e. Tinker Tailor, Hugo, Moneyball
3. If The Help receives an Oscar, then which movie must also receive one?
a. Tinker Tailor
b. The Descendants
d. War Horse
4. Which one of the following rules, if substituted for the third rule, would have the same effect in determining the awards?
a. If Moneyball receives an Oscar, then Tinker Tailor must receive one too
b. The only movies eligible to be awarded Oscars when The Artist receives an Oscar are Hugo, The Descendants, Tinker Tailor, and The Help
c. If The Help receives an Oscar, then Moneyball cannot receive one
d. If The Artist receives an Oscar, then either Tinker Tailor must receive one too, or Moneyball will not receive one
e. If The Artist receives an Oscar, so must Tinker Tailor
5. Which two movies, if both awarded Oscars, will completely determine which movies receive Oscars?
(Answers: 1. C, 2. D, 3. E, 4. D, 5. The Artist and Moneyball)
Search the Blog
Free LSAT Practice Account
Sign up for a free Blueprint LSAT account and get access to a free trial of the Self-Paced Course and a free practice LSAT with a detailed score report, mind-blowing analytics, and explanatory videos.Learn More
General LSAT Advice How to Get a 180 on the LSAT
Entertainment Revisiting Elle's LSAT Journey from Legally Blonde