See If You Can Piece Together This SOTU LSAT Logic Game
- Jan 30, 2014
- Politics, Sample Logic Games
Today is National Puzzle Day! So the LSAT blog is giving you the chance to celebrate in the true spirit of this nerdy day. That’s right: we’ve got an original LSAT Logic Game for you to piece together.
If you’re nursing a hangover from last night’s State of the Union drinking game (I did a shot every time Obama said “wage”), give yourself three bonus points. Here we go:
Nine bills, A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, and I, were negotiated during a secret meeting of congressional leaders. The following details about the negotiations have been leaked:
Bill A must pass for bill I to pass
Both bill C and bill D will not pass
Both bill A and bill B will not pass
Bill B or else bill C will pass
If bill H passes, then bill G will not
Bill D needs to pass for bill E to pass
Bill H needs to pass for bill I to pass
If bill G doesn’t pass and bill F doesn’t pass, then bill E will pass
1. Which one of the following is a complete and accurate list of bills that can be passed into law together?
A. B D E H I
B. A B D E
C. D E H
D. C G
E. A C
2. Which one of the following pairs of bills cannot be passed into law together?
A. H and B
B. E and F
C. A and I
D. C and F
E. E and I
3. How many other bills must be passed if bill E is passed into law?
4. If bill I passes, then how many of the nine bills cannot be passed into law?
5. If bill H is passed, and bill F is not passed, then which one of the following is a full and accurate list of the other bills that cannot pass?
A. A B C G
B. A B G I
C. F A C H I
D. A C G I
E. G C A
6. If bills B and F are each not passed, then which one of the following bills must be passed into law?
(Answer key: 1 – D; 2 – E; 3 – B; 4 – D; 5 – D; 6 – D)
Search the Blog
General LSAT Advice Two Truths About Retaking
General LSAT Advice Understanding Your LSAT Score: The "Curve," Explained
General LSAT Advice How is an LSAT score calculated?
Free LSAT Practice Account
Take a free practice LSAT, get a detailed score report and explanatory videos, and learn your odds of getting into your dream school just by checking out our FREE LSAT resources.Learn More