See If You Can Piece Together This SOTU LSAT Logic Game
- Jan 30, 2014
- Politics, Sample Logic Games
Today is National Puzzle Day! So the LSAT blog is giving you the chance to celebrate in the true spirit of this nerdy day. That’s right: we’ve got an original LSAT Logic Game for you to piece together.
If you’re nursing a hangover from last night’s State of the Union drinking game (I did a shot every time Obama said “wage”), give yourself three bonus points. Here we go:
Nine bills, A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, and I, were negotiated during a secret meeting of congressional leaders. The following details about the negotiations have been leaked:
Bill A must pass for bill I to pass
Both bill C and bill D will not pass
Both bill A and bill B will not pass
Bill B or else bill C will pass
If bill H passes, then bill G will not
Bill D needs to pass for bill E to pass
Bill H needs to pass for bill I to pass
If bill G doesn’t pass and bill F doesn’t pass, then bill E will pass
1. Which one of the following is a complete and accurate list of bills that can be passed into law together?
A. B D E H I
B. A B D E
C. D E H
D. C G
E. A C
2. Which one of the following pairs of bills cannot be passed into law together?
A. H and B
B. E and F
C. A and I
D. C and F
E. E and I
3. How many other bills must be passed if bill E is passed into law?
4. If bill I passes, then how many of the nine bills cannot be passed into law?
5. If bill H is passed, and bill F is not passed, then which one of the following is a full and accurate list of the other bills that cannot pass?
A. A B C G
B. A B G I
C. F A C H I
D. A C G I
E. G C A
6. If bills B and F are each not passed, then which one of the following bills must be passed into law?
(Answer key: 1 – D; 2 – E; 3 – B; 4 – D; 5 – D; 6 – D)
Search the Blog
Free LSAT Practice Account
Take a free practice LSAT, get a detailed score report and explanatory videos, and learn your odds of getting into your dream school just by checking out our FREE LSAT resources.Learn More
Entertainment Revisiting Elle's LSAT Journey from Legally Blonde