ERAS 2022 Virtual Summit: Navigating The Post-COVID Match
- Jul 12, 2021
Hello everyone! My name is Dr. Sarah Godfrey, and I am a PGY-4 Internal Medicine resident, and I’ve served as a senior residency consultant and USMLE tutor for Med School Tutors since 2015. I’m thrilled to be hosting our upcoming ERAS 2022 Virtual Summit, which we’ve tailored to address the greatest challenges students are facing during this year’s application and Match cycle.
Similar to our summit last year, we’re focusing on the most pressing questions and uncertainties that are part of applying for the 2022 Match. With so much in flux, our goal is to provide you with concrete guidance and practical steps you can take to present yourself at your best.
Register for ERAS Summit
What’s more, the residency consultants who will be speaking in our summit are those who have extensive experience not only with helping students through the residency application process, but specifically those who have helped students be successful during the pandemic.
Here’s the preliminary agenda for MST’s ERAS 2022 Summit on Saturday, July 24th, 2021:
- What to do and when during the application timeline
- Planning out your Sub-Is and obtaining strong letters of recommendation from faculty
- Developing a strong personal statement narrative
- Addressing red flags on your application, especially if the timing of your USMLEs was affected
- Where to apply (e.g., how many to apply, double applying, categorical vs. prelim/transitional)
- Prepping for both virtual and in-person interviews
- Reviewing the Rank List/SOAP Process
- Live Q&A portions at the end of each segment
In addition, we’ll be taking the questions you submit when you register for this summit and building out additional sections to address these questions, such as:
- “Special circumstances” that come up frequently (e.g., couples matching, IMGs/FMGs, etc.)
- The supplemental ERAS application (for the ERAS 2022 cycle)
- And much more!
We’ll be raffling off free residency consulting hours to students who attend our summit, and we’ll share our Match statistics from the past few ERAS and NRMP cycles. With over 15 years of successful student matches — for US MD & DO students, as well as IMGs and FMGs — we remain deeply invested in our students’ success, and are excited to bring our experience and insights to you live in this year’s summit.
I invite you to post your questions below in the Comments section, and to be sure to join us LIVE on July 24th for an event that we guarantee will put you well on your way to a successful 2021 Match!
All my best,
In the interim, here is our full recording of our ERAS 2021 Summit — and for more videos, be sure to subscribe to our YouTube Channel here.