Medical School Admissions Summit: AMCAS During COVID
- Aug 19, 2020
- Reviewed by: Amy Rontal
Update 09/01/20: Here is our full recording of our Med School Admissions Summit — and for more videos, be sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel.
Since COVID emerged, we’ve been hearing from students and parents with questions about the impact on the medical school application and interview process. The pandemic has been a shock to so many systems and has added additional instability and stress to what is often already an anxiety-provoking experience.
A core goal at Med School Tutors is to provide high yield information and guidance to help reduce your stress and give you tangible tools for success. As such, we’re hosting a virtual Med School Admissions Summit on Saturday, August 29th from 1pm to 4pm ET.
Our experienced admissions consultants, who have served on admissions committees, and our senior leadership will host individual sessions to speak to a variety of the most pressing topics at hand to help prepare you for success in getting into the program of your dreams — regardless of COVID disruptions.
Our LIVE summit’s preliminary agenda includes topics such as:
- The application timeline in the COVID era
- Adjusting your planning to this year’s revised timeline
- Virtual interviews:
- How to set yourself up for success from a technical standpoint with our academic technologist, including a step-by-step checklist to perform like a rockstar
- What to expect in your interviews — common questions, mistakes to avoid & more
- Situational Judgment Tests (SJTs), CASPer tests, the AAMC VITA
- Secondary applications
- Non-traditional applicants
- Next steps after acceptance, being wait listed or rejected
- Vetting med schools without being able to visit in person
- And more!
Our interactive event will include raffles for personalized admissions consulting hours and some fun giveaways.
We’ll also go through what you can expect when collaborating with a Med School Tutors Admissions Consultant. With 14+ years of experience and our personalized guidance, we’ve helped hundreds of students attain their goals.
Lastly, there will be opportunities for you to ask questions during the Q&A portions of our summit, but we encourage you to post your questions in the Comments section below or to send them in to us beforehand at HQ@medschooltutors.com. We’ll do our best to address and incorporate them as we finalize our speakers’ content.
We sincerely look forward to seeing you at the summit!