Advisor Office Hours: The Revised MCAT – Two Years In
- Nov 02, 2016
- Advisors, MCAT 2015, MCAT Blog, MCAT Info, Prehealth Advisor Office Hours, Webinar
Bryan Schnedeker, Next Step’s Vice President for MCAT Content, discusses what we’ve learned about the revised MCAT over its first two years. The revised MCAT is a huge challenge for pre-meds and a powerful tool for admissions committees, but has it lived up to the AAMC’s goals? During this short webinar, Bryan shares the insights learned by the Next Step MCAT team after working with thousands of pre-meds for the new format MCAT. Bryan also discusses the results from the Beta program of our online MCAT course during the webinar.
Topics covered include:
- How the revised MCAT changes the way pre-meds should prepare for the exam
- Changes made to the MCAT test dates and locations
- The Psychological, Social, and Biological Foundations of Behavior section of the exam
- Changes in the difficulty of passages on the exam and how this affects testing
- How the revised MCAT has affected admissions decisions and test prep
Watch a recording of the webinar below to learn about these topics and more. Next Step’s goal is to make sure that pre-meds have the resources to help them prepare for and succeed on test day. We offer a free MCAT practice bundle for students just getting started with their preparations as well as one-on-one MCAT tutoring and an online MCAT course for students at any point in their prep.
We also have resources available specifically for pre-health advisors. These include exclusive discounts for your students and free MCAT resources for your library. You can sign up here.
You can download the slides and presentation notes here.
Search the Blog
Free ConsultationSchedule Now
Free MCAT Practice AccountNeed great MCAT practice?
Get the most representative MCAT practice possible when you sign up for our free MCAT Account, which includes a half-length diagnostic exam and one of our full-length MCAT practice exams.Learn More